Sunday, March 22, 2009

Open Regatta - Central Kitsap

On Saturday I raced Vanguard 15s in the Open Regatta in Silverdale, WA.  Along with my teammates John, Helena, Andrew, and Adam we won 2nd place in this High School regatta.  It was a beautiful day with no wind when we arrived, and then a great amount of wind when we were about to start the races.  Although it was shifty and light at times, we stayed in good spirits, especially since it was sunny in seattle!  I crewed for John in the A fleet and we took a 3rd and a 1st.  I also crewed for Andrew in the B fleet for one race and skippered with him as my crew in another.  I crewed for Helena in one race as well.  Although I love to skipper I learned a lot by crewing for various team mates of mine.  It was definitely a blast, thanks to everyone who helped put it on!  Here are some pictures of our racing:

2 comments:

  1. Nice rounding - getting the inside slot at the mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wwoww nice pictures my friend =) hi im carolina from peru =) ^^!

    ReplyDelete