Saturday, March 7, 2009

High School Kick-Off Regatta

Wow.  Today was fun.  I raced in the first HS regatta of the season and my team got 3rd out of 17 teams!!!  We had every weather and wind condition you could think of well racing 420's at Seattle Yacht Club.  There was snow, hail, rain, and sun!  Luckily I wore my HH drysuit.  Also, everything from no-wind to large gusts and white caps.  I sailed with 2 different crews, dani and kate.  They were amazing.  Some of our roll-tacks were perfect!  I got a 5th, 8th (we were fouled 5 times), 6th, and 3rd in the B fleet and a 5th and 2nd in the A fleet.  Not to mention, 2 people from my HS came to see if they wanted to join and they are going to!  YAY!  Another person my join as well which would be fantastic because we would have a full team.  It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the regatta next weekend at Sail Sand Point!

No comments:

Post a Comment