Monday, November 8, 2010

WIND Clinic/CGOD

The Wind clinic and CGOD regatta were lots of fun this year at the Columbia Gorge in Oregon. They took place from August 2-8, 2010 and were fantastic with tons of wind, typical for the location. The clinic was very useful, because we learned many new techniques to further improve our heavy wind skills. On the day in-between the clinic and regatta, some of the more experienced sailors sailed all the way to Hood River, which is about a 4 hour long downwind sail. The winds varied with gusts of up to 34 knots. It was an intense sail, but I was determined to finish it and did, earning a new name from my coach "the warrior". In the regatta, the skills I learned from this long sail helped immensely and I finished 7th of 24 boats. This was a great accomplishment for me, since I am still on the small side to be racing in a Laser Radial. Overall, it was a fantastic regatta.

No comments:

Post a Comment