Monday, November 8, 2010

Leiter Cup

Last Summer I raced in Leiter Cup (US Singlehanded Women's Junior National Championships). It took place at Coral Reef Yacht Club in Miami, FL from July 17-24, 2010. It included a clinic followed by a great regatta. The conditions were quite windy, and one day of racing was canceled because of a tropical storm, steady winds of 45 knts and gusts to 60knts. I placed 30th of 40 which was good considering it was my first time attending the regatta and my light weight for the wind conditions. It was really exciting because we had fantastic college coaches, a personal trainer, and even got to meet Laser Radial Olympic Gold Medalist Anna Tunnicliffe. It was an amazing opportunity and I am excited to attend next year in Richmond, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment