Thursday, March 18, 2010

Interlake High School places 4th in state!

Last weekend Mark Feeney (senior), Adam Schnitzer (junior) , and I (sophomore) sailed at Sail Sand Point against 150 other students. We placed 4th of high schools in the state behind Bainbridge Island, North Kitsap, and Orcas Island. We beat 10 high school teams and 1 college team. Only high schools located on an island or peninsula beat us. I will be sailing this weekend near Western Washington University, then will be going to San Francisco to sail in the Laser Midwinters West Championships, but after that we will be back together for another regatta.

Also, sorry to not have updated my blog in such a long time.
Recently, I have sailed in the High School Kick-off regatta at SYC. There were 25 boats and 130 sailors. It was our first team Interlake regatta and we got 17th.

I sailed in the frigid digit as well where there were 3 radials and I placed 2nd, losing first by getting 2nd in the last race to Alexis Aird.

No comments:

Post a Comment